Friday, February 26, 2010

The depths of despair

I'd been having a bad day anyway.
Its one of those days where depression sits in my doorway wanting to come in.
Uninvited.
It sneaks upon me when I least expect it and camps out for the day, sometimes two or three days.
I still manage to function. I tend to my kids and do the cooking and cleaning rather than stay in bed all day. It would be so easy to just lay in my bed in misery, but there is just too much work to be done. So I carry on regardless of doom and gloom.
To help distract me from that depression, I spent two maybe three hours updating and rearranging the list of blogs that I read.Nothing like a big project to distract me.
I have a list of over a hundred blogs.
I originized, added blogs, subtracted abandoned blogs.
It took a lot of time.
A lot of whining from my kids, and a whole lot of resolve to do it. Then when I was finished and happy with it, I decided to change the URL of my personal private blog (where I keep my list of blogs) to something easier to remember, and in doing so
I lost everything.
Every blog name, blog address, gone.
That was the end of my rope.
I am currently free falling into the depths of despair.
Its ok though,
Bear and Lyon have informed me that they don't like me because I took away their hockey sticks. They are also hungry for lunch, and Sissy is hungry and getting tired. There is laundry to do, and dishes to wash, and beds to make.
It won't take long for me to be lost in service for others instead of the depths of despair.

4 comments:

Dallin and Ashley said...

I can understand what your saying, just know that I love you and I think you are an awesome person/friend and anytime you need to talk, let me know!

Anything Fits A Naked Man said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! Don't worry, I PROMISE it will get better!! Hang in there!

Robyn Lee said...

As someone who has suffered from depression for YEARS, I totally understand. It certianly does just creep up on you doesn't it... Pesky little buggar.

I'm sorry you lost your info on that blog, Grr... how I hate that!! Just the other night, I was working on making a new blog background, has layers upon layers open, when my Corel just decided to stop working and shut down. I was soo mad! But.. You just have to walk away, and realize that these things truly are little things.

Just breathe : ) *HUGS*

Shannon K. said...

That is rough. Like icing on the cake, right?

Here's hoping that tomorrow is a better day!