Monday, April 5, 2010

Eating cookies

Do you remember that episode of friends where Monica is trying to figure out Phoebe's grandmothers cookie recipe.
As Monica is making batch after batch of the cookies she has her "friends" try them out. One of the recipes makes Ross throw up.
Do you remember that episode?
Well I do.
I never understood how a cookie could make someone throw up. I mean really!
Well I am sad to say that I now have first hand knowledge of how this could happen, because it happened to me.

I don't really know what the problem was, all I know is that I made a batch of oatmeal cookies and my boys chomped them down begging for more. So I decided to have a taste, when I tried a bite of one, I nearly threw up. I had to spit the chewed up cookie out, it was all I could do to keep the contents of my stomach in my stomach.
It was awful. I don't understand it really. But the taste stayed in my mouth and it took the rest of the day to get rid of it.
I was so weirded out that when Phil came home from work I told him to have a cookie (as if I even needed to tell him, oatmeal cookies are his favorite) He tried one and smiled at me as I looked at him questioningly. He then had another cookie. I asked him if they tasted strange or anything. He looked at me funny and said they were really good, and then he ate another.
Well I am at a loss as to what may have caused such a negative reaction to these cookies. I'll tell you though, I couldn't bring myself to try another one.


6 comments:

Liz Mays said...

I wonder why you hated them and hubby didn't. That's bizarre!

The Mecham Family said...

Yet you fed them to us..... Now I know not to eat your cookies again.. haha

Together We Save said...

I loved that episode of Friends and I have to admit I have made cookies before that would make you sick.

Jules AF said...

Well, that's just terrible.

Sonora said...

That is so weird. I LOVE friends and have wondered that same thing every time I see that episode. Sorry you understand it personally now. I hope I never do. That is so funny that the rest of your family saw nothing wrong with them.

Helene said...

Uh-oh...I don't think you want me to take a stab in the dark about WHY you had that reaction to the cookies, do you?

I miss Friends! I wish it was still on!