Thursday, September 2, 2010

Motherhood is full of surprises...

I was surprised when I walked into my daughters room to find my two sons painting her crib black and green.

I was surprised when I found huge cirlcles drawn on my wall with permanent blue marker.

I was surprised to see smoothie had somehow managed to crawl up the wall and onto the ceiling and then dry, so who knows how long its been there.

I was surprised when I found all sorts of odd pictures on my camera that I didn't take. (I am pretty good at not taking 35 million pictures of my carpet)

I was surprised when I turned around to find Lyon had managed to climb out of his carseat unnoticed.

I was surprised when one moment my kids were happily playing in the back yard and the next they were fighting in the front!

I was surprised to find chocolate smeared all over the inside of my daughters door frame and yes thankfully it was chocolate and not something else.

I was surprised when I told Bear he could not go with his friend to get a popsicle and then overheard him whisper to his friend that they could just sneak.

I was surprised when my daughter figured out how to climb out of her high chair.

I was surprised when she started blowing me kisses.

I was surprised when each of my children started rolling, scooting, crawling, and walking.

I was surprised when Bear ran the length of the soccer field while kicking a soccer ball and scored a goal for his team.

I was surprised to find my oldest son teaching my youngest son how to play catch.

I was surprised when Bear sang twinkle twinkle little star to me just so he could get out of quiet time.

I was surprised when Lyon sang song after song to me just so I would applaud him.

I was surprised when Lyon was so disappointed that he didn't get to go to school with Bear, but then played so happily at home with Sissy and me.

I was surprised how well Lyon and Fenix played together while Bear was at school.

I was surprised when Bear told me that he is "beary crative" (very creative).

I am frequently surprised at my children's ability to navigate my ipad.

I am surprised by their abilities, I am surprised how smart they are, I am surprised at how much they remember, I am surprised each and every single day.

Yes motherhood is full of surprises, some good and some not so good.

The surprises keep things interesting, and certainly keep me busy and on my toes.

Thank goodness for the surprises :D






5 comments:

Together We Save said...

You have had some wonderful surprises!!

Briann said...

love love love this post, thanks for sharing the wonderful and um not so wonderful surprises of motherhood!

Liz Mays said...

You just never know what you'll get!

Amy J said...

I loved reading about each of your surprises! Great post!

Frugal Vicki said...

This was awesome! I love it!