Wednesday, December 8, 2010

BYU football games

I've slowly been losing interest in going to BYU football games.
Or watching them on the tele.
It's not that I don't enjoy a good game.
It's not that I don't get excited at the prospect of an awesome play.
It's not that BYU didn't have the best season this year.

It's because no matter how hard I try I can never seem to watch the game anymore.
I miss almost every single play.
I can't follow a whole play.
I can't keep track of the ball.
Where it is on the field or which team has possession.

Why?

Well I've got kids.
Kids who no longer watch the game because they want to play it.
Kids who need things, all the time.
I am the one who always has to get those things.
Let's face it.
If I left it up to Superman our kids would most likely be starving, dirty, tired, and probably lost too.
At least for the duration of any of the BYU football games.

So it's up to me.
Back and forth, in and out, up and down.
Making this, making that.

This takes a toll on my ability to pay attention to any kind of program on the tele.

There have been a few times that we have taken our kids to watch some 
BYU football games at the stadium.
This is how we survived the last one.


That'd be Lyon.
Watching a movie on my ipad.
Up in the stadium stands.
Reclined in a stadium chair.
This would have been far more successful had I remembered to bring ear phones.

Regardless of this distraction,
I still missed 90% of the game.

This is why I say "no" when asked if I want to go to the football game.
That and the reasons listed above as to why I don't want to leave my kids alone with Superman while he is watching a BYU football game.

LOL!!!
Oh come on babe, you know I am kidding ;D

1 comment:

Dan/Kealy said...

Lol, I don't know what's going on most of the time during football games anyways, even before I had Evelyn :)