Friday, April 13, 2012

Waiting, wishing, dreaming...

Yesterday I took my kids out to lunch. Lunchtime had rolled around and I couldn't decide what to make, my kids couldn't either. I hate meals like that...
So we loaded up in the truck and went to Del Taco, which was stupid because I could have made some quesadillas at home...
Well we got our lunch and then headed home on the back roads. Half way home we came to a stand still in back road traffic. The hold up being rail road tracks... The lights were blaring and the gates were down, and yet there was no train...
Now me I was fine in this instance of trapped waiting. I had good music to listen to, I had a bag of food to eat, a drink, and a pretty great view of maple mountain.
My kids however had finished their food, did not care for my music, and with no train to look at were getting really bored.
So what to do, we were trapped. I had cars in front of me a big truck trailer behind me, and on my left, a curb to high to drive over, even in my truck.
We sat there for at least twenty minutes before I finally decided that we'd never get across those tracks. So I pulled up onto the right shoulder of the
Road, put my truck in reverse to drive backwards down the slope past the line of cars that were also stuck waiting, wishing, and dreaming of the other side of the tracks.
When I finally turned around and headed the other direction on an alternate route home, Bear said,
"I bet the gates came up now."
Which is all to often the case, but when I glanced in my rear view mirror I saw that nothing had changed, the tracks were still uncrossable.
I must admit, I was a little relieved...
I hate being the person who gives up three seconds to soon, lol! ;)



No comments: