Monday, November 30, 2009

And the letter goes out to...

Dear Dad,
Remember that time we hiked up to the "G". I think it was on one of my birthdays, I had never been up to the "G" so you took me. I remember we brought candy bars and iced tea, we brought the iced tea in glass mason jars. It didn't occur to me that that was a little weird until I was telling Phil the story the other day. Lol! I remember when we finally reached the "G", it was constructed of thousands of little white rectangle pieces, not one giant white piece like I was expecting.
(loan peak does not rule)

There was re-bar sticking out here and there all over it. I was disappointed because I had pictured myself sliding down it. I remember we carved our names and the date onto one of those little white rectangles like many before us had done. I remember the hike down. We were on a narrow part of the trail it went up on one side and steeply down on the other, you lost your footing and stumbled to the ground. I remember I was terrified that you were going to fall off the side of the trail to certain death and there I was a little girl who would be all by myself without a clue of what to do. Fortunately you righted yourself and did not fall off the side of the trail, you can imagine my relief.

(pictures from google images)
If you want to visit the sites I got them from
just click on the picture

No comments: