Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I won't quit my day job...

It took me an entire year+ to get this table finished.
It sat in my basement for countless months.
Then it sat in my garage for even more months.
Taking up all our parking space in there.
That being the reason our car has sat on our driveway for so long.

I spent many freezing nights in my garage sanding.
I spent many burning hot suffocating days in my garage sanding.
I took way to long just sanding.

I couldn't decide if I should stain it.
And if I did stain it,
I couldn't decide what color to stain it.

I couldn't decide if I should paint it.
And if I did paint it,
I couldn't decide what color to paint it.

After a million and a half ideas floated unused in and out of my head I finally came up with this:

Black with turquoise crackles.



I painted, and painted, and painted.
Then I painted some more.
And after that I managed to laquer.
Even though it sits in my dining room it's still not quite finished.
The laquer needs a bit of polishing.

It isn't perfect.
Anyone else could have done a better job.
But I love the way it turned out.

I love the table,
I love the benches,
I love the history.

I LOVE IT!!!
:D



2 comments:

The Mecham Family said...

YAY!!! Looks like all your hard work paid off!

The Mecham Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.